We were nominated by Jo-Ann at http://inspirationpie.com/?p=919 for this award, and we gratefully thank her! I always enjoy visiting her blog, to read her thoughts, reviews, and ideas. She provides us with lots of inspiration!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How Does It Work:
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
- Is there something you can tell readers about yourself and your blog?
Stacy: Well, we obviously loves books– reading them, talking about them, interviewing the authors, and giving fellow readers the opportunity to read the book as well through giveaways and review copies. We love connecting with other readers as well!
Daisy: I like reading, of course, but I also enjoy writing. I’ve written several unpublished pieces of poetry, short stories, and even a couple songs (although I can’t sing for the life of me, haha). As to the blog, it’s a place where people can read book reviews, author interviews, book-related news, and even enter in the occasional giveaway.
2. What’s something that you’d like to improve on this year?
Stacy: I would love to improve my writing skills. Aside from that, I am always working on improving aspects of my diet for better health. I also would love to improve organizational skills.
Daisy: Everything. Nobody is so perfect that they can’t improve themselves in one way or another. I’d like to learn, anything interesting or important, and as much as I can. I’d like to improve my mind.
3. Name one of your obsessions.
Stacy: Besides books and nutrition, another obsession I have is America’s Got Talent. I love watching the kids perform– they are my favorite. I have watched every season since the show first started.
Daisy: Books, collecting them and reading them.
4. What is one of your favourite blog posts to write?
Stacy: One of my favorites is interviewing the authors. I love to hear/read their varied responses. The authors always have such interesting stories, and I enjoy collaborating with them. I also love doing the giveaways and giving to others. Especially books!
Daisy: I mostly enjoy writing reviews, and posting them. It’s fun.
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Stacy: Oh goodness. That is a hard one, since each year always brings so many changes that could never have been anticipated. A year ago, if someone had forecast that I would be doing a blog a year hence, I would have said, “Yeah, right.”, but here we are. 5 years from now, I will undoubtedly have more grandchildren, since only 2 of my 8 children have started having families of their own. I hope to see more of them married by then. I plan on this blog still going strong, and growing. I hope to be healthier than I am now. Beyond that, who can say? Even our best laid plans have a way of getting subverted sometimes, but often opportunities we never would have expected arise. Whatever destiny has ordained, I am excited about the future!
Daisy: I don’t know and couldn’t even begin to guess. But whatever it is, it’s in God’s hands, so I’m not going to worry about it.
6. What are your favourite books this year?
Stacy: Some of my favorite books of this year, so far, are:
Daisy: Here’s a few of mine:
7. It’s the perfect evening. What are you doing to relax?
Stacy: Reading of course! If the weather is cool enough, I might be cooking something yummy to snack on while I read.
Daisy: Either reading, or going for a nature walk outside. Maybe even visiting the local creek to sit by its edge and write nature-inspired poetry in the serene environment.
8. Do you have any pets?
Stacy: I don’t have any…. at different times when one of the kids would move back home, they would have one of their pets in tow. Years ago, when we lived in the country, we used to have dogs, cats and 100 chickens, but now we live in town, and don’t really have the space for them to run and wander and be free.
Daisy: Yup, quite a few, too many to list. I love animals!
9. If you could choose any career, what would it be?
Stacy: When I was a kid, my dreams ran from archaeologist to architect, from actress to anything requiring research, scientist to nurse– I found everything interesting. Not much has changed, but as an adult, I opted for the hardest one on earth– a mother. To me, the joy, challenge, and excitement of knowing that you are training, teaching, nurturing, and raising (hopefully inspiring) a future generation of people that can one day make an impact in whatever field they feel led to, and to people around them is the most fulfilling of all. But one really needs to feel called to that, like anything else.
Daisy: An author, and an herbalist.
10.What’s the first thing you check when you go on your computer/tablet?
Stacy: The first thing I check on in the morning, upon awaking, is blog/ blog email– depending on what and how much needs attended to, then onto goodreads and corresponding with authors. Sometimes I don’t get to goodreads until late in the day or evening.
Daisy: My mail, and my personal messages on Goodreads, usually.
11. What author would you like to have lunch with?
Stacy: Oh gosh… there are so many good ones. Hmmmm… if they are already dead, and if I could choose to have lunch with them, I think I would pick Louisa M. Alcott, Jane Austen, Frances Hodgson Burnett, Agatha Christie, Rumer Godden, and Michael Crichton… quite a mix huh? (I cannot choose just one!) If presently alive, it would be John Grisham, Hannah Tinti, Jeffrey Archer, James Rollins, Joyce Meyer, Robin Cook, and Perry Stone. That would be one heck of a lunch soiree’! Can you imagine the conversation?!?
Daisy: I’d really like to meet Clive Cussler in person. He’s my favorite of all modern day authors, and he seems like a very interesting man to have a conversation with.
Our Questions to Our Nominees:
1. If you found out that in a week you were going to die, what would you do with the time you had remaining? – Daisy
2. Have you ever met any published authors in person, who’s books you have read? -Daisy
3. What made you decide to start a blog? – Daisy
4. What are you most passionate about? – Daisy
5. If you were going to write a book, what would it be about? – Daisy
6. If you could pick anything on your bucket list to be fulfilled tomorrow, what would it be? — Stacy
7. Do you aspire to be a writer?– Stacy
8. What is something about you not many people would not know?– Stacy
9. What trait would you consider the most important in a person? –Stacy
10. Say you awakened tomorrow with the ability to snap your fingers and rid all of humanity of just one problem, what would it be? — Stacy
11. If you were given 10 million dollars tomorrow, what would you do with it?– Stacy