We got nominated for “One Lovely Blog Award”
These are such fun… : )
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award
- Display the banner/sticker/logo on your blog
- Share 7 facts or things about yourself
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers that you admire and inform the nominee
7 facts about me
- I have never been west of the Mississippi River.
- I love all kinds of food– regional, ethnic, etc. and will try almost any recipe once. I try very hard to be a locavore.
- I have 8 children and (so far) 6 grandchildren
- I am so non- computer/technology illliterate (but learning). I just today got an instagram– still trying to learn how it works. I haven’t put up any pics yet– maybe tomorrow I will see if I can master that. ; )
- I love anything old or unusual. If it is both so much the better!
- I love learning– anything. They always told me at college I had way too many interests… everything sounded intriguing to me.
- I adore doing genealogy (when I have time– which hasn’t been for quite a long time– since starting the blog, actually– just about a year, but seems longer)
7 facts about Daisy
1. I actually was slow learning how to read. I hated it when I was very young. I was afraid that if I learned how to read, my mother would stop reading to me, which I used to really enjoy. I didn’t really start reading until I was around five, and it wasn’t until I was six that I really took off. At ten, you couldn’t stop me, I was reading unabridged classics that were recommended for college students and loving them. There is no stopping now, I’m a dedicated bibliophile.
2. I love growing plants that are exotic to my growing zone. I’m currently growing an avocado tree that is supposed to grow to 60 feet high… inside the house. I’m not sure what I’m going to do with it when it gets too tall! I’m also growing inside the house dwarf fig and lemon trees, a goji bush, and I’m attempting to sprout kiwi seeds and grow them. I’d like to get a dwarf banana tree at some point. I can’t wait until I get my first piece of fruit from one of these plants! It’s only supposed to be two more years until my fig tree gives fruit. I’m counting the days…
3. I’m meticulous with my books. I never write in them, highlight in them, dog ear them, or crease the bindings… I don’t even open them all the way, so as not to bend the bindings! I cringe when people open books all the way and lay them paper-side-down on a table instead of bookmarking them. I know, it’s a pet-peeve of mine, and a little weird, but I’ve seen enough books damaged that way that I can’t stand to do that myself, especially not to new books.
4. I don’t have a cell phone, or cable TV, and y’know what, I don’t even have a desire for them! I’m totally old-fashioned, and plan on staying that way. I like it.
5. Nobody knows quite how old I am. Some think I’m a teen, some think I’m like 50. I like to keep people guessing. It’s kinda fun, actually. I’ll give you all a hint, since I’m supposed to reveal seven interesting things about myself that nobody else knows… it’s two digits, and both digits are on the scale of zero to five. Another hint (you’ll need a piece of paper for this one): name any number from 10 to 19. Add the digits together. Subtract the total from the number you first picked. Multiply that by two. No matter what number you had originally picked, you have my word that I’m older than 18. 😉
6. I love classic cars. My first word, believe it or not, was actually “Hemi”! I also like books about classic cars. Surprise, surprise, right?
7. I literally can’t remember the last time I had pizza that wasn’t homemade. I LOVE making good pizzas from scratch using all quality ingredients.